The first question in most interviews is “Tell me about yourself“.Here are some important tips that could employed during your interview in any organization.
* Mention about your background, education, achievements, previous experiences & abilities.It should also not sound as if you are reading your resume.
* Avoid giving detailed info of your parents,relatives, school, college, city etc.,like I studied in John college.It was built 100 years ago & has a big library where 1000 people can sit.The interviewer is concerned knowing more about you, not the college.
* Highlight your strengths that would be relevant to the job.For example - If you are applying for a software job, emphasize on your final year software project by giving details of the work, client, team & result.
* Know about the company or organization, their services/projects & the position your applying.Prepare for interview in such a manner that you speak about your abilities in relation to the eligibility for that post.
* Along with your academic or professional achievements, describe how those skills could help their organization.Make the interviewer feel that you are the right person for that job.
A sample answer:
My name is Priya and I completed B.Com with 85% distinction from XYZ college.I have a natural interest in accounts & it was the reason for me being the college topper in accountancy subject.Due to this, I was chosen to lead our account dept. projects at seminars held at various colleges & companies, which have given me great exposure to current industry standards. With all this experiences, I am confident of excelling as Accounts Manager in your bank.
Remember: The above script is just an example & do not memorize it.
Interview questions could make you nervous but answers should not be mugged since an interviewer can easily find out if a person is speaking his mind or reciting answers.
Follow the above steps, prepare a good answer & say it in your own words.Good Luck !