For many, appearing for an interview creates butterflies in the stomach compared to written exam. Combine that with some tricky questions – they are sure to fumble.To avoid such situations, BankExamsIndia.com has been analyzing some make-or-break type of questions to help you get prepared in advance.
This week, we shall discuss about answering “Why did you choose to join a bank”. Like “Tell me about yourself”, this is also a commonly asked question in bank interviews especially if you are an engineering or management graduate, as large number of applicants are BE, BTech, MBA, MCA degree holders.
Expect these questions to be asked by the panel often, as over 90% of engg. graduates have come across this.Some variations could be “Why looking for a government job when you can get better pay in private”, “Why looking to join as clerk after engineering”.
What they expect: The interviewer wants to know how interested are you in choosing bank jobs.Some others prefer to ask this question to make you speak, thereby judging your communication skills & clarity of speech.Be prepared with your points as this question may lead into a discussion with other panelists also joining in with how`s, why`s & what`s.
How to answer: The first requirement – Be bold.
- Make you answer looks realistic & at the same time conveys your willingness to join their bank.
- Don't bluntly say ‘I did not get any other job’ or ‘There is high stress & pressure in private companies’. You would be countered with more questions.
- If questioned about BE graduates opting for IT jobs, mention about the uncertain future of software companies compared to the high growth witnessed in banking industry.
- You can even emphasize about the opportunity created by huge vacancies in banks that could lead young performers to reach top posts within short span of time, which is absent in other fields.
- Let them know that your engineering degree would help in interacting with customers from a similar business while lending loans & fetching deposits.